Does your website need more clicks? Consider these digital marketing techniques to beat your competition.
Pay-per-click (PPC) advertising is a form of online advertising in which you only have to pay for each time a user clicks on your advertisement. You can place ads on search engines like Google, Yahoo, and Bing, or on social media sites like Facebook.
Several benefits of PPC include:
– It is cost-effective. You only pay whenever a clicker lands on your website. Meaning, you have control over how much you are going to spend on PPC. This strategy can prove handy for startups with tight budgets and franchise brands looking for inexpensive services that ensure consistent marketing across the franchise.
– It is instant. Once your ad is approved, it will be posted and instantly viewed by millions of internet users. Keep in mind, though, that the frequency your ad appears on Google or Facebook depends on the budget and bid you’ve set for it.
– It hits a highly targeted audience. You can pattern an ad after a target audience, considering their age, location, and devices they use.
– It is easy to measure and track. You can use tools like Google Analytics to track your campaign.
In 2019, 86% of all American consumers went online to search for goods and services. Google had 37% of the digital advertising market share, while Facebook had 19.6%, making them the two largest advertisers on the internet. These statistics only say one thing: it’s high time you consider running a PPC campaign to increase traffic to your website.
Search engine optimization or SEO helps websites rank high in Google by optimizing their content with keywords and phrases target users are likely to use in their search.
Several benefits of SEO include:
– People’s reliance on search engines. According to Hubspot, organic search accounts for 94% of web traffic.
– It doesn’t involve paid advertising. An effective SEO strategy revolves around knowing what keywords to target, so your content appears on the search engine results pages (SERPs) for relevant queries, driving users to your website. Compared to PPC, building an SEO campaign may take more time, but if done right, it can bring long-term value to your business.
– More leads. Those who appear on the first page of Google search results or SERPs have a 34% click-through rate for desktop and 35% for mobile.
Social Media Marketing
Nowadays, simply having a website is not enough. Billions of people are on social media sites like Twitter and Facebook. Set up an account dedicated to your product, build a solid, interactive marketing campaign, and gain a following.
Several benefits of social media marketing include:
– You can reach billions of people. By the second quarter of 2019, there were 2.41 billion active users on Facebook. Twitter, on the other hand, had 321 million active users in February 2019.
– People spend a lot of time on social media. On average, users spend an hour a day browsing on Facebook. On the other hand, users spend 53 minutes per day on Instagram and 50 minutes a day on Snapchat.
– Users receive constant updates. Once users liked your page, they will automatically receive updates on your product. Imagine them not having to key in your brand name to get noticed. They just have to browse their timelines to get your message across.
These are just three digital marketing strategies a budding startup can use to get more traction easily. These can be learned through online courses, but you can turn to digital marketing professionals if you want to get a better understanding of how these strategies will help your business grow.